Davis is counting everything these days. It started with the stars hanging above his bed. It's amazing how one day they start something and you didn't even realize they'd been paying attention to you! Anyway, only Grace and I can understand some of the numbers (we're fluent in Davis-speak) he says, but he's definitely counting, no doubt about that!
Grace has had a couple of meltdowns in the past few days. If she asks me for something and I don't say "Yes" right away, it unleashes a freak out in her. It's quite frustrating to me because I don't say no all the time, just yes in a different way than she expected. We've talked a lot this week about waiting for Mom's complete answer before we form an opinion on what is going to be the outcome.
With Davis' behavior under control at the moment, but Grace's not so hot, it makes me see how this deployment affects us all in different ways, at different times. We all have our moments when it just becomes "too much." That week is here for Grace. Every time she's upset about something, she cries for her daddy and talks about just wanting him here. I know that's so true for her.
It's also funny how things can be going fine, then the closer the end of the deployment comes, everyone reaches the end of their rope. It's like when you still have two months to go, you know you have to hang on. But when you know it's just a few weeks away, you can't hold it in anymore. You feel the end is near and you just can't handle it! So many emotions, so many anxieties, so many expectations.
I tell Grace everyday just to hang on. He's on his way!
We've got a very busy week. I am glad it's almost half over!
No comments:
Post a Comment