Sunday, April 20, 2008

Out of the Mouths...

Tonight, after Grace's Bible story, Jasen, Grace and I got into a discussion about Peter. We talked about how Jesus predicted Peter would deny him three times before the dawn broke. Grace said, "I know about Peter in the Bible" then proceeded to put her big toe in her mouth and start sucking!! Jasen and I were aghast, wondering what she was talking about. I asked her who told her Peter sucked his toe. She told me with a straight face that her Sunday school teacher did and it was in the Bible. Then it dawned on Jasen and I at the same time: she'd been told that Peter had a tendency to put his foot in his mouth! Jasen and I had to stifle our laughter. One of those priceless moments!

Jasen leaves tomorrow to go to Texas. He's going down to help out with his grandad, spend some time with him, drive him around, etc. The kids and I will drive down on Thursday, then the funeral will be on Friday. We'll stay in B'ridge, then head back to Kansas on Sunday. I hate for him to leave us, but it needs to happen and we all understand why. And we'll be hooked up again very soon!

No comments: