Monday, April 21, 2008

So much for togetherness!

Jasen is in TX tonight. We had an uneventful trip to the KC airport today, just to drop him off then head home to get Grace from school. Davis was great on the drive (wish we'd have had car DVD players back when I was a kid!), but was awful when we got home. He hasn't been sleeping very well since Dad got home. His naps have been off, he's up at least a couple of times in the night, then up for good around 6 a.m. So of course, I haven't been sleeping much, either.

On top of all of that, they've been doing "controlled burns" on the prairie lands around here. Lots of blowing smoke in the air, which means the Grahams (except for Jasen) have been hacking, coughing and wheezing a lot. No fun. I was just getting over a cold, too, and this has impeded my progress!

I miss Jasen already. So do the kids. I think that's why Davis was in a snit tonight. And Grace was pretty down. Nothing like getting them back just to see them leave again! Jasen better enjoy his "break" (ha!) down in TX because when he gets home, he's going to be helping more with the kids! His grace period will be over. :)

No comments: