Saturday, March 29, 2008

Hard Not to Count

Tonight, Grace asked me how many more days until her dad came home. I told her that I wasn't exactly sure what day and because it can still change, I couldn't tell her. She looked at me and said "It's hard not to count." Boy, don't I know it!! Jasen knows it, too. We've been emailing and he's doing okay. It's just hard watching the clock tick away! If it's hard on me and Grace, I KNOW it's hard on Jasen.

I spent all afternoon yesterday filling goodie bags of snacks for our soldiers. Next Saturday, we'll go up and make up all the rooms. It's so exciting!!!

Grace went with her friend, Lena, today to a play place in Manhattan. Evidently, it's mostly an arcade. Grace had a great time, of course. I really like Lena and her mom, Michelle. They are from South Carolina, too, so Michelle and I have discussed getting the girls together whenever they are there visiting. They've invited Grace to spend the night next Friday. We'll see how she behaves this week. She had two green cards (the first step of discipline at her school) this week, which I think was mainly due to coming back from spring break. It's got to be hard to settle back into it all. She still had consequences here at home, though. Let's hope that doesn't happen this week!

Davis is doing well. We've got highs and lows. He's really into hugs and kisses these days. When he's in a loving mood, I can't get enough!! And neither can Grace. Anyway, then we have our downtimes, where he throws himself on the floor and kicks and screams. So special. I keep telling myself "Jasen is almost here, Jasen is almost here!" I hope it makes as big a difference as I think it will! More than anything, I just want Jasen here to observe how I am handling Davis and give me ideas and input. I don't want Jasen to come home and have to be the disciplinarian right away. There's plenty of time for that. But I need help with Davis and I know Jasen's going to be a huge help with him.

Oh, one other thing Davis was doing today. He loves to do something, get your attention, then act like he doesn't know you are watching. Lately, it's involved him closing his eyes. Today, he closed his eyes while he was walking out the kitchen and had a huge smile on his face, then bumped into right smack into the wall! He turned around to look at me, eyes still closed, and started to whine. But he wasn't going to open those eyes for anything!

No comments: