As the title suggests, we are indeed sick again. It seems we all get over something just to pick up something else. I am hoping that because we are sick this week, it means we'll all be well next week, which is when we will be extremely busy, with both of Jasen's changes of command.
Davis has been really sick since Friday night. His fever got as high as 103 degrees yesterday. That's my cut-off point for comfort, so I called the ER. They don't want to see a baby with a fever until it hits 105 or their are seizures involved. So we were given an appointment for today. There's nothing wrong with him (ears, throat or chest) just a little cold and teething. I knew that would be the case!!! Anyway, we were given the proper dosages for ibuprofen for him. I was glad about that because, just like Grace, Davis' fever has not been responding to Tylenol. Hopefully he'll be feeling better now.
Grace had a great time at the football game on Friday night. One of her babysitters, Bethany, is a Junction City High cheerleader. We had to take her down to the railing numerous times to yell at Bethany, who only heard her once. But that was just before we left and Bethany waved to her. Oh the joy of being waved to by your favorite cheerleader!! Grace also got a football, which we all know means the night was a success! So we came home happy campers, even though Junction City lost to Manhattan High. Oh, Kansas football does not compare to Texas football!
Jasen continues to work like a dog. He was up at work on Saturday and Sunday nights until quite late, working on evaluations that were due this morning. We had some conflicts in scheduling as far as meetings go. 2-32FA (his current unit) and 610 (I think?) BSTB, which is the new company's next level of organization (very confusing, I know), were having their "deployment" to NTC (National Training Center, the place they are going to for the month long training) meeting for the FRG's (Family Readiness Group, the support for families, way for them to get information on what is happening with their soldiers, on-post, etc.) tonight at 6 p.m. Although Jasen is still a commander in the old unit, the new unit wanted both of us (I will be leading the new FRG, we think) there for some face time. After talking to some people, we were encouraged to go to the new unit's meeting, because by this time next week, Jasen will be out of the current unit. Whew! All of this is happening so fast. New unit, old unit, change of command, reception for one change of command, dinner with Jasen's lieutenants, etc., etc. Then two days after all of this dies down, he'll be gone for a month. I'll get a chance to catch my breath, but he won't.
I was sick this weekend. I think I mainly got rundown because Davis wasn't sleeping at night. Those of you who know me well, know that I am emotional, especially when I don't get my eight hours at night! Anyway, I began to really think about Jasen being gone for even a month and I have to tell you, it really upsets me. I rely on him so much, especially now that we have two kids. I don't want him to be gone from us for one minute. Just pray for strength for both of us because this is a crazy time and then he'll be gone. It's not going to be a lot of fun for any of us.
No comments:
Post a Comment