Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Busy times

Sorry it's been awhile since I blogged. When Jasen is in the field, like he was last week, lots of things fall by the wayside. Now that Jasen is home, I am playing catch up: catch up on laundry, dishes, etc. And since my mom was here this past weekend, I didn't catch up on much then!

We had a great visit with Mom. She came in on Friday morning. We went to pick her up in Kansas City. She flew in at 8:00 a.m. so it was going to be hard for me to pick her up. So my cousin, Jennifer, who lives in Kansas City with her husband, Jimmy, and son, Joe, picked Mom up. We went to Jen and Jimmy's house, then we all went to the Legends, a shopping area on the west side of KC. We walked around and ate lunch. Sometimes, you forget how much fun it is to visit with your family! Then we headed back towards Fort Riley.

Saturday, Jasen and I were able to go to the A&M game with our friends, Brian and Amber. Yes, the Aggies won, but I have to tell you, we weren't that thrilled. You always want your team to win, but the Aggies were so flat the whole game, we left with a bad taste in our mouth. So much for Coach Fran being A&M football's savior. I don't think so anymore. After the game, Brian, a KU alum, took us to a great restaurant/brewery. Then we came home. It was a beautiful day for a football game. Sadly, the Fightin' Texas Aggie band wasn't there. We knew the game wouldn't be the same without them!

Sunday, we had church and small group. Mom was a big help with the kids and getting ready. Jasen and I are really enjoying our small group. It's just very real, for lack of a better word.

Monday, the kids and I took Mom back to the airport. We were able to eat at Abuelo's with Jen and Joe. Then we shopped around the Zona Rosa area of KC. It's a very nice shopping area. After that, we headed to the airport. Grace cried and cried saying goodbye to her grandmama. Those two have a special bond. I can remember feeling much the same way when my grandma ever left me. The only thing I could think to make Grace feel better is that her grandad, granny, and papaw will be here in just a few weeks. That made her smile. Of course, she wanted to know how many days!

Davis has been extremely fussy these past couple of days. I think his teeth are bothering him, again. He's a slobbering machine and just miserable at night. Hopefully, he'll cut the next two and move on!!

No comments: