Thursday, October 19, 2006

Riding on Caffeine

I don't know how Jasen is surviving this week (we haven't seen too much of each other), but I can say I am living on caffeine. Things are just too crazy. Thank goodness, Davis is finally getting well. Otherwise, this whole week would be a nightmare.

What are we so busy with? Mainly, making the arrangements for Jasen's changes of command. Are you sick of me writing about this yet?? Well, until they are both over, they are our lives. Poor Jasen is running back and forth between Alpha battery, where he is trying to stay plugged in, and HHC, where he is trying to inventory all the stuff there. Yesterday, he was inventorying computers (towers and monitors) until almost 8:30. He had trouble sleeping last night and he said it's because his mind wouldn't slow down, thinking of 15 digit serial numbers. Today, he had to rush home to pack for NTC. I feel really bad for him.

I am trying to take care of the "woman" side of the ceremonies/reception. Making sure the kids and I have appropriate things to wear, getting tablecloths, plates, napkins, etc. I also need to order the cake, fruit trays, and buy all the drinks. Really, there is so much to do and so little time to do it.

Oh, I wanted to tell you about Jasen's new command. It's not a great situation Jasen is going into. It's been evident to Jasen for awhile and has crystallized for me just this week that things are not in order in his new company. Let's put it this way: the lieutenant colonel that Jasen will be working directly under told me that Jasen has a "significant challenge" in front of him. Oh good! Poor Jasen. He really is busier than a three legged cat in a sandbox. I've said this before and Jasen reiterated it to me this morning: there's a real disappointment that this new unit is so messed up because it's taking time away from Jasen's current command. His last few weeks in Alpha battery, he's not even there because he's so busy trying to get things in order in HHC, which isn't even his unit yet!! UGH!

This afternoon, we have a meeting with the colonel and his wife and the new first sergeant and his wife regarding the new unit's FRG. Tomorrow night, Jasen is going out to dinner with the NCOs from Alpha battery. Saturday night, we'll be cleaning (I'll be cleaning tomorrow, too!), I'll get my hair done, then out to dinner with the lieutenants from Alpha. Sunday, my dad and Jasen's Gee grandparents arrive. Then Monday morning, we get the emotional change of command out of the way.

No comments: