Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Another year together?

Jasen and I celebrate another year together today. We're not together, of course, courtesy of the Army, but we are still married so we'll celebrate when he gets home. He did steal away while he was out in the field to call me and tell me happy anniversary. I was so glad to hear his voice.

Anymore, I don't fear what might go wrong physically (car breaking down, A/C going out, etc.) when Jasen leaves as much as I fear Grace's behavior. When he is gone overnight, I can almost guarantee that Grace will have a meltdown. This morning, it was about her shoes and socks. (thanks, Mom) When Jasen called and I told her we had some trouble this morning, he said "Let me guess: shoes and socks." She is very, very specific with how she wants her shoes and socks to be put on. She can do the shoes, but she needs help with the socks.

For whatever reason, I didn't get the socks on right. She melted down. And when I say melted down, I mean, screaming, thrashing, crying, snotting, you name it. She's impossible to deal with in those moments and I don't handle them very well, either. Davis just sits and stares with wonder. After threatening to leave her at home, she finally calmed down, but not before her Aunt Amy heard her through the phone. I called Amy to get some reassurance and Grace kept on going nuts. It made her stop and think when she learned that Aunt Amy could hear her. Maybe I'll call someone every time!

That Davis is a crawling machine. He goes from room to room. He isn't fast yet, but when he wants to get somewhere, he stays on task. His favorite place to play right now is his sister's room. He just wants to be in there!

Remember that food booth Jasen's unit had for a fundraiser? Well, each battery made over $400!! All that work was worth it!

Oh, and I offered to facilitate a class for PWOC in the spring. I might live to regret it, but I doubt it. I think God has given me a love of talking and I might as well use it for His advantage!

No comments: