We had a great visit with my old friend, Jen, and her baby boy, Tripp. I'll admit, we didn't do as much as we should have, but there's just so much to do down here! Anyway, they arrived on Friday afternoon and we went straight downtown. We went to part of The Citadel parade, which was neat. But I have to admit it has nothing on the Corps of Cadets at A&M! I'm not partial or anything!
Then we went down to Cupcake because I had promised Grace and Davis a treat! Of course, we all had to have one and they were delicious, as usual. Then we came home and I made dinner.
Saturday, Jasen had a prayer breakfast and football so we waited to go downtown. Jasen graciously took care of our kids while Jen and I took Tripp to sightsee. We went to eat at the Noisy Oyster. I'll admit, it's probably a tourist trap, but we liked the food. Jen got her first taste of fried green tomatoes (she liked them!), Tripp tried grits (he liked them!), and I struck up a conversation with the Germans at the next table!
We went shopping at the market, of course and just walked a little downtown. Again, we didn't do anything really specific or fun. I kept thinking that maybe if I didn't show Jen too much, she'd need to bring her Jason and their older kiddos with her next time! We drove across the Ravenel bridge and then went down to the park on Battery. We went into the courtyard of a bed and breakfast downtown and took some pictures. It was a gorgeous day and the scenery was great, too. We went to Wal-Mart then to Crosby's seafood where I got some local shrimp, then came home and made dinner. We watched the first part of the Tech/OSU game, then went to bed.
Sunday, it was off to church, which was unusual, then brunch at a new place (Mimi's Creekside) which was delish, as usual! Then we came home for, um, nothing! Wow, I think I owe Jennifer an apology because we did next to nothing during her trip! But I was glad to have her and Tripp here. I got my baby fill and got to visit with a friend who knows me so well. Yesterday, we even made her use her Psych degree in the form of marital financial counseling! :)
Thank you, Jen, for coming to see us!
1 comment:
yay for old and dear friends, the best kind sometimes. glad you had a nice visit.
Post a Comment