Thursday, March 27, 2008

Karnes Visit



While we were in Texas, we took a day and went to spend time with the Karnes' in Tolar. Landry, Braden, and Grace played so well together. I don't know that I checked on them almost the whole day! Davis was not on his best behavior. He was especially fussy when we got there. I took him into Jen and Jason's bedroom and told him he had to stay there until he was ready to be nice. Well, after a few minutes, he kicked the door or the wall...I can't remember which. So the physical punishment began. After a few more minutes, he did it again. I don't know how many spankings he got, but it was quite a few.

Finally, Jason had to go in their bedroom to get something. He took that opportunity to talk to Davis and reminded Davis that all he had to do was quit crying and he could come out. After that man-to-man talk, Davis decided to come out. He was pretty good the rest of the day. Oh, except for that time that he scratched Landry's arm on purpose while they were watching "Lion King." Ugh!!

We were also able to meet baby Tripp, the third Karnes baby. He is so precious and SKINNY!! Oh man, he was just so long and lean. He's precious and looks quite a bit like Braden.

As always, we had a great time visiting with them. They are so special to us. All of the Grahams are fond of all of the Karnes and I think the feelings are mutual. We're all friends and that's really neat.

Jasen is doing okay. We're getting so close to him coming home! He has moved out of his regular room, which means we can't webcam/IM with him. It's hard going from that back to only one email during the day. But we're surviving. Knowing it's not long until he comes home makes it all better!

No comments: