Yep, we are down to less than seven weeks until Jasen comes home. I can't believe it's almost time. Today, I went to Sam's Club on an FRG outing; we purchased over $600 worth of goodies for the single soldier's rooms. We filled one flat cart and one huge shopping cart with stuff. It was great! It was awesome to get all that stuff and know that our soldiers would come home to rooms with sheets on the beds and snacks to eat.
We also had our "redeployment" brief last night. They gave us things to be aware of when our soldiers come home. I would have really benefited from the information before Jasen's last redeployment, but it's always good to have a reminder. I just can't wait!
The kids are doing well. So much of what I could say about them would be repetitive. When Davis is good, he's really good. When Davis is bad, he's really bad. Today, he took off from me at Grace's school with me yelling for him to stop. He knew what he should have done and chose not to. So he suffered the consequence right there in front of God and everyone at the school. I was (and am) prepared to be confronted by someone who saw us, but no one said anything. He can't do that and I've got ingrain that in his mind like I did like with Grace.
Grace continues to do well with reading. Her class is preparing for their big music concert the first week of April. So everyday, she MUST practice her songs. It's too funny. She took some money that her Granny sent her and purchased a new Webkinz toy. She wanted the bulldog and insisted on naming it, wait for it....Jasen! Too funny!
We are all just anxious for the next few weeks to go by. We'll head to Texas next Friday morning and stay until the following Thursday or Friday. It's going to be a quick trip and we'll be exhausted by the end of it, but it will be all worth it if it provides a week's worth of distraction from our impending reunion with our soldier!
No comments:
Post a Comment