I woke up to two surprises today, one funny, the other not quite so good. First, Davis woke up pretty early (6:30) and was quite unhappy. Because I usually let him lay in there for awhile, I didn't go in there until about 7. Imagine my surprise when I opened his door to find him completely naked in his crib!!!! He was especially unhappy about the two wet spots that almost completely covered the sleeping area of his crib. His diaper and pajamas were laying on the floor next to the rest of his crib inhabitants (he now sleeps with 4+ animals, one blanket, and at least one book) and he was none to happy about it. Too funny!
After I got him cleaned up, Grace woke up with a fever and badly sore throat. I could tell it was hurting her because she was talking funny and her breath stunk to high heaven. It ruined the fun day we had planned. Grace and I were going to Topeka alone today to have a date. Alas, I had to call that off. But now that she's feeling better, and the weather has cleared, I wish I hadn't cancelled the sitter. Truly, Grace seems much better. Isn't that the way it always works?
I woke up with an "iffy" stomach today, too. Fun times.
I did manage to take off the front part of Davis' crib, turning it into a toddler bed. The other day, he played in his crib alone for almost an hour. I figured if he wanted to play in it, he should have the option of just going to it and getting in. So I am sure his next few sleep periods will have to be monitored to make sure he stays in bed!
No comments:
Post a Comment