We're still staying busy here at Fort Riley. I got a special night out last night. Friends of ours (the Ewings, for those who know them) had an extra ticket to see MercyMe in concert in Salina. So their youngest daughter, Alicia, who babysat for us in Germany, came to stay with the kids while I went with Mary (the mom) and Bethany (the oldest daughter) to the concert. It was just the spiritual lift I needed! And Mary, Bethany and I were able to catch up on everyone and everything. It was good night away.
MercyMe was great in concert. I think the mark of good band is that they sound just like their CDs. Well, Mercy Me does!!
When Grace heard that Alicia would be coming to stay with her and Davis if I went to the concert, she told me "Mom, you don't want to miss your favorite band!" She just wanted to hang with Alicia. This morning, Grace said Alicia was a good babysitter and couldn't believe that Alicia once babysat for her when she was Davis' age. Grace is all about the babysitters!!
Davis is having trouble with his teeth again. I wish the last four would just come in already!! He's just very fussy, his nose is running all the time, etc.
All in all, we're doing okay here. I've found myself taking on projects around here that I've been neglecting. I shovel the snow immediately when the snow stops, have cleaned the laundry room, mopped floors, etc. all in the name of staying busy. It's been good to keep my mind off of things but I know at some point I'll have to start processing and dealing with the deployment. At this point, I think I'll just find some more chores to do.
Jasen's been able to email pretty regularly. Well, at least every other day. I am so thankful for email and the internet. (thank you, Al Gore!! ha!!!) Jasen sounds good. He went to two church services today: traditional and contemporary. Would you believe our good church of Christ boy preferred the contemporary?! I loved it. Our pentecostal friends are eating that up, no doubt. All of you C0fCer's, don't worry. Usually the traditional service is more like Lutheran, not church of Christ!
No comments:
Post a Comment