Thursday, February 22, 2007

He's arrived

Jasen arrived at FOB Falcon safely. I knew he was travelling yesterday and was scared when I heard on the news that a helicopter was taken down in Baghdad, with no one injured. I kept repeating what Jasen had said to me: Baghdad's a big city. I assume since he didn't mention it, that it must not have been the copter he was on. Thank goodness!

We've had a couple of days here in Kansas. It's been 55+ and sunny, which means it feels like the middle of summer compared to the last couple of weeks we've had! So we spent a couple of hours outside yesterday afternoon. It was heaven to be out in the sun with only a jacket on. I had Davis in his Aggie ball cap. I'll send some pictures soon. Like I said, I still haven't loaded the software on this computer. And now that I've talked to Jasen, I might not do it...

Jasen's first sergeant, whom he is sharing a room with, has the greatest set up and, now that Jasen has seen what it is and has someone to help him get it all set up, he's decided he wants it, too. So, I'll probably be sending this computer to Jasen downrange so that he can get a webcam (oh wait, that's another thing I have to do!), set it up and then we can see each other and talk. I'll have to get a new computer for the house. It's a big expense but if it means we'll be able to see each other, it's worth it.

Other good news from downrange: Jasen got a cell phone. So we'll be able to call him. Can you imagine?? This deployment doesn't feel like the last one. It seems we'll have some great advantages this time that we either didn't use or didn't have last time.

Grace had a pajama party at school today. So after she got out, we went for breakfast at noon! She was excited about the whole thing, of course. I've got to get you all pictures of her hair. It's too precious.

No comments: