Thursday, January 11, 2007

Catching up

I am going to try to catch you guys up on what has gone on with us lately. Of course, the deployment is in the forefront of our minds right now. We told Grace this past Saturday. She acted like it was no big deal, but Jasen and I both realize it's because she can't fully comprehend it. I am prepared for a lot of emotions from her in the coming months. Please continue to pray for her and for us. Telling Grace was hard on Jasen, so naturally, he got emotional. Being the mature girl Grace is, she climbed into her daddy's lap and told him it would be okay. Precious meomories.

Davis' birthday went really well. He loved his cake! Unlike Grace, he was all too prepared to put those fingers into the icing when we put the cake on his high chair tray. It was hilarious, he just kept sticking his fingers in and sucking on them. He wasn't that interested in the cake, but he loved the frosting.

His favorite gift was a truck that our neighbors, the Kazors, gave him. It's a Little Tykes truck and he adores it. Except when it gets turned over on it's side; then he just screams until we help him or he gets tired of screaming. We've been trying to get him to learn to correct it, but he isn't entirely interested in that!

He had his doctor's appointment yesterday. He gets to start on cow's milk, which our bank account is thankful for. He had to have FIVE shots, which was murderous for all of us, even Grace. Then he missed his nap and was a complete bear for me until Jasen arrived, when he became the perfect baby again. UGH!!

Grace and I went to church last night and Jasen stayed home with Davis, since Davis was more than a little sleepy. I am helping with the 1st and 2nd graders on Wednesday nights. On the way home, I asked Grace what they discussed in her class. She said "Oh, you know, about David." When I asked her to be more specific, she said "Just the same ole, same ole, he watched sheep, he became king, blah, blah, blah." She's a four year old teenager, like, for sure.

No comments: