Yes, it's been awhile since I've blogged. We've been busy. Today, we're having a down day, though. Yesterday, Grace had to have four shots (updating immunizations) and today, she's sick. Last night, she got sick in the middle of the night and is running a fever now. So we're staying in today. I hate it when the kids are sick.
We had a great weekend. On Saturday afternoon/night, we received four inches of snow. So Sunday, we declared a "Snow Day." We didn't go to church, just played together as a family. Grace delighted in sledding again this year; Davis hated it. I mean, the boy screamed the whole time we were outside. At one point, Jasen took Davis down on the sled, but only managed to coat him with snow. So Davis and I weren't out long.
Grace and Jasen sledded for a quite awhile, then after lunch, headed back out to make a snowman. It looked pretty good until Monday, when the snowman fell, aided I am almost positive by some twerpy kid on the way to school.
Yesterday, Jasen's mom's parents, the Gees, were here. They were able to help me with the kids, while I went to PWOC and then later, when I took Grace to get her shots. Then they took Jasen and Grace out for dinner. Why didn't Davis and I go? Well, Jasen got in his mind Chinese and I don't care for it. At lunch (at McDonald's, of course, which was Grace's choice), I said I could use the time at home alone. Then, Davis took a short, short afternoon nap after no nap in the morning, so I knew he would be a bear come dinner time. The four of them went to dinner, while the two of us, stayed in.
Sure enough, Davis was in bed by seven, which meant he was awake at 5 a.m. Jasen and I have decided that Davis has a conspiracy against me ever getting sleep. It's really frustrating. I am going to let him have a short nap this morning and then another one this afternoon. Davis has just been really hard since we got back from Texas. It's a combination of things, for sure. Like getting over the horrible ear/eye infection, cutting his molars (they are still working in), getting his own battery of shots (I think it was five), being spoiled while we were in Texas, etc. So Davis hasn't been a lot of fun for us. Here's hoping he'll get better soon!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment