Jasen and I laugh that I have some strange form of narcolepsy: when things get stressful in my life, I want to sleep. Things are stressful right now, which means I am yawning and catching any extra sleep that I can. This week is filled with clearing Fort Riley for Jasen and preparing for the movers for me. I've gone through most of our rooms, getting rid of whatever I can. The bright spot about getting rid of old towels, old furniture, etc. is that we are donating most of it to tornado relief in the area.
This Friday will be Jasen's change of command. After being in company command in two different units for the past 32 months, it's beyond time to be done. Jasen's been a great commander, for sure, and I believe his soldiers benefitted from his leadership. Now, he needs a break. And so does his family!
We've had a lot of "lasts" this week, too. Eating with a lot of friends, going to our favorite restaurants, etc. It's nice to have friends. I had a great dinner with Nolly last night; she gave me a pre-WWII version of the Army wife handbook. It's hilarious to look at. Even the subtitle is hilarious: "What she ought to know about the Customs of the Service and the management of an army household." I mean, how funny is that??
Grace is doing well. M-T-W of this week, she's finishing up swim lessons, where she's swimming like a fish! Our church, JCNaz, is also having evening VBS this week, so she's doing that. We're keeping our girl busy her last week here! Our friends, the Kazors, are moving this week, so we're helping feed and entertain them, too.
Davis is still a nut. lately, when he gets ready to run somewhere, he like runs in place for a minute before he actually runs off. It's too funny and reminds me of a cartoon character!
No comments:
Post a Comment