Here is our girl on her sixth birthday. Doesn't she look old? It's so hard to believe six years ago, she was this tiny little thing. Well, according to averages, she wasn't that tiny, but she was tiny to us. She was such a good baby from the start. Hardly cried, wanted to sleep, etc. And even now, she's pretty easy. She has her moments, of course, but more often than not, she's a pure joy. We were blessed when she was born and continue to be blessed to be her parents.
Her party went pretty well. I don't foresee us doing that again for a good long time. Parties at home are okay, but they are a lot of work. The kids we had were good for the most part. We did have a one that was uninvited, the older brother of one of Grace's classmates. He was too old for the kids we had and I was a little ticked. But what can you do? The bouncy house was a hit, they did the limbo, etc. Great luau!
Our friends, the Christensens, came from Fort Leavenworth and spent the night with us. They leave KS for Fort Hood, TX this week. My cousin, Jennifer and her family came from KC for a couple of hours. It was so nice to see them, if even only for a little bit. They are so special to us, and Grace and Davis love Joe and Maggie.
That night, we had an adult party and had a great time. Well, Jasen and I had a great time; I don't know if everyone else did! We were up super late and enjoyed some good pomegranate margaritas.
The next day was Kyle McCall's 2nd birthday, so we got to be with them again. I can't tell you how much I am going to miss Amber and Kyle. I'll miss Brian, too, but not like I'll miss his family! Then I think about Katie Kazor and her family, and Nolly Gibbs and I start to get really sad.
This week has been full and this coming week will be busy, too. Grace has VBS in the mornings and a semi-private swim lesson (she's doing it with Ashleigh Kazor) in the afternoons. I'll be busy organizing the house for the move. I can't believe it's almost time for us to leave. I am starting to feel nostalgic about KS. Why is it that right before you move, the place you want to leave starts getting green and pretty? It is so green here right now and truly, truly pretty. Oh, and muggy and stormy. Preparation for Charleston perhaps??
Her party went pretty well. I don't foresee us doing that again for a good long time. Parties at home are okay, but they are a lot of work. The kids we had were good for the most part. We did have a one that was uninvited, the older brother of one of Grace's classmates. He was too old for the kids we had and I was a little ticked. But what can you do? The bouncy house was a hit, they did the limbo, etc. Great luau!
Our friends, the Christensens, came from Fort Leavenworth and spent the night with us. They leave KS for Fort Hood, TX this week. My cousin, Jennifer and her family came from KC for a couple of hours. It was so nice to see them, if even only for a little bit. They are so special to us, and Grace and Davis love Joe and Maggie.
That night, we had an adult party and had a great time. Well, Jasen and I had a great time; I don't know if everyone else did! We were up super late and enjoyed some good pomegranate margaritas.
The next day was Kyle McCall's 2nd birthday, so we got to be with them again. I can't tell you how much I am going to miss Amber and Kyle. I'll miss Brian, too, but not like I'll miss his family! Then I think about Katie Kazor and her family, and Nolly Gibbs and I start to get really sad.
This week has been full and this coming week will be busy, too. Grace has VBS in the mornings and a semi-private swim lesson (she's doing it with Ashleigh Kazor) in the afternoons. I'll be busy organizing the house for the move. I can't believe it's almost time for us to leave. I am starting to feel nostalgic about KS. Why is it that right before you move, the place you want to leave starts getting green and pretty? It is so green here right now and truly, truly pretty. Oh, and muggy and stormy. Preparation for Charleston perhaps??
No comments:
Post a Comment