I cannot believe it isn't winter yet. We woke up to over 6 inches of snow this morning. It was insane! Grace wanted to go out RIGHT THEN, but I told her we weren't going to go out until after it stopped snowing. We managed to get all bundled up, everyone in their snow suits (I'm glad I get to wear Jasen's snow pants because I am the only one who doesn't have some sort of snow pants!!) and boots and out we went.
Davis immediately started crying because his boots were dirty! Then he continued to cry, about what, I am not sure. So he still has no love for the snow!
Grace would live out in it, if she could. Once I got Davis inside, I started shoveling the drive and Grace made snow angels. I checked on Davis every few minutes or so and he was pleased as punch to stand at our front window and just watch. After I did some work on the driveway (it was a lot of work), I allowed Grace to take the sled out back, where we had quite a crowd on our hill. Gustavo, a little boy from Grace's class, was out back, so when I came to check on Davis, his mom watched her for me. Grace's face was red from face plants in the snow and the wind. It's still pretty cold!
Finally, we came in for some hot chocolate! This snow day has been great. Tomorrow, it's expected to get up to 35, so it won't last long. That's fine by me!!
I've included some pictures of the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment