Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Health Returns

It's been a long four days. Once Grace got sick on Saturday, it was all downhill from there. She was sick from Saturday afternoon until Tuesday early morning. I felt awful for her because I knew she inherited that trait from me: when we get a stomach bug, our bodies expel everything we've eaten and then some. So Grace had nothing left to throw up and still her body was making her try. It was bad and I was concerned about dehydration, as every time she drank water, it came back up. But the hospital assured me that as long as she urinated every 8 hours, she was okay. And she was.

Yesterday about 9, Grace decided she was hungry and has been able to keep everything down since then. She is back at school and Davis is at the daycare I sometimes use to run errands without an attachment. Let's hope they aren't picking up another funky virus.

Oh, God was merciful in that, besides a few lower GI issues, I never got really sick. On Monday, though, I could feel I was fighting it so poor Davis had to play alone while Grace and I were on the couch and loveseat, snoozing. They've watched more TV in the last two days than should be allowed, too. Oh well. You do what you have to do!

No comments: