Thursday, August 02, 2007

Still Busy!




Just because we are home doesn't mean we aren't busy! This week, Grace has been in VBS at the chapel here on Fort Riley. She's having a great time, learning new songs, dances and Bible verses. They have a western theme and every time they say something like "God is good" they say "Woo-hoo!" I tried to get her to say "Yee-Haw!" but she told me that was wrong! One day she'll learn that her mom and dad lived in the land of cowboys!




Grace has been completely wiped out everyday after VBS. It's only three hours long, but it's first time she's had to do anything five days in a row. Makes me wonder how all day school is going to work.




Davis had his 18 month checkup this morning. He weighs over 27 lbs. and I can't remember how long he is, but above the 50th percentile. His head is still bigger than 90 percent of the other babies his age. After he had his three shots, I put him through more trauma (why not?) and took him to get his haircut. I forget how short a high and tight is! He looks so handsome as you can see from above. One picture is from before the haircut. Can you tell how much those two love to play with each other?




Tonight, we had a reunion dinner with some of the ladies who went to Colorado with us. It was a great time. We got a special DVD with pictures and music from our time there. It brought back a lot of memories. That was special time for all of us.




Grace is having a rough time again, being home without her daddy. I keep praying for it to pass and I know it will, but it's so hard. Say a special prayer for her, please. Yesterday, we talked about why her dad is in the Army and some of the benefits (friends, of course, and growth) of his being in the Army. It's still hard on her.




We got some good news yesterday. Jasen will have 18 days of R&R instead of 14. WOO-HOO! What in the world will we do with those extra days?? :) Enjoy each other. He's planning on being here late September/early October. He wants to be here for our anniversary on Oct. 3. We'll see if he makes it. I think, out of the past 8 anniversaries, he's only been home for three. Not even half. That sucks! Sorry for the language, but it does!




No comments: