Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Sweet prayers

Oh man, I have to share with you all what Grace prayed about today. First, before dinner, she took her turn praying. When I pray before dinner, I always say something about how hard Jasen works to provide for our family. Well, tonight, Grace offered her twist on his providing for us. She thanked God for our food, then thanked Him for Jasen and how he works so hard "sweating and sweating and hurting because he works so hard!" I nearly fell out of my chair! That girl!

Then tonight at bedtime, she had another great one. First, the background: we've been reading Junie B. Jones books. For those of you who don't know who Junie B. is, she is a precocious, smart-mouthed kindergartener. They are chapter books so I read them and Grace just listens. It's a precious time that we both enjoy immensely. Anyway, tonight, Junie B. talked about how she sometimes she wished her baby brother could go back to the hospital because he cries a lot and can't play Chinese checkers. After we finished the chapter, I asked Grace if she ever wished Davis wasn't around. She smiled so big and said "NO! Because Davis makes me laugh! Like when he tells you 'NO!' and when he runs around in his diaper, slobbering on everything." It was wonderful and sweet.

Finally, it was time for her to pray. Lately, Grace's prayers have been heavy on the requests (although sweet ones) and slim on the praises. So I told her she has to start thanking God for at least three things before she asks Him for anything. Tonight, she thanked Him for the rain we had this morning, for her good day at school, then thanked God for her brother. She said "Thank you for my brother and how you made him because he really cracks me up."

You can't imagine how blessed I am by those two!

No comments: