When we found out last January that we were moving back to Kansas for sure, all Grace said was "Yes!! Snow!" Until yesterday, we saw MORE snow in South Carolina in 2010 than we did in Kansas. That's just wrong! Also, I think it was just last week that I was bemoaning the fact that, although we purchased snow pants and boots for the kids, we had not had any measurable snow since. Well, today took care of that!
We were awakened at 5 a.m. by Jasen's alert roster/phone tree, that there would be a two hour delay on his school day. With that, I took a look outside and saw SOME snow. It didn't look like that much. By the time we were up at 7, there was more. Grace's and Davis' schools were both closed, so we got ready and the kids and Jasen were out by 8:30.
Now, I must say that I have no idea how much snow we have gotten. However, it has snowed all day, with only a hour of let up. The snowfall has been pretty heavy, too. So, I would guess we have gotten anywhere from 6-9 inches, easy. That's a lot of snow!
So, we've all been out on the sled, we've all taken a turn shoveling, and the kids' cheeks are well chapped!
And we've got another snow day tomorrow!!
2 comments:
Looks like fun! Makes me wish we'd gotten some snow here to go with our cold!
Yay! good times :)
~Steph
Post a Comment