Thursday, January 27, 2011

Obsession Adjustment

In case you didn't know, Davis has had quite the obsession with Star Wars since mid-October or so.  He's completed Jedi training in the basement, received all the Star Wars action figures one could imagine, even requested that we call him "Luke" and given his family all the corresponding names of Luke's family.  His favorite birthday gift?  His Jedi robe.  College?  Not anymore because, according to Davis,  Jedis don't go to college.

Yesterday, I think Davis changed his obsession.  I bought him his first pair of cowboy boots.  I won't go into why it took me until he was 5 years old to get him a pair, but it did.  Anyway, after we bought them, Davis had to school but the minute he was home, he asked to put them on as soon as he got home.  He has worn them non-stop since then.  Thankfully, he had a cowboy hat that was given to him by his cousin, Randall.  We borrowed a Western shirt from next door, then I remembered: I have a hand-me-down TX flag cowboy shirt and a belt complete with big buckle, also from Randall! Our neighbors also had a kids' pair of chaps, so Davis has those, too.

This morning, Davis got up and put his boots on.  Then we had to get his cowboy hat down (we put it up in his closet because we don't him and other kids thinking it's a play toy) from the closet.  Now, he has the belt on, too.  After he got all dressed up, he told me he needed a horse.  I reminded him that he has more than one stick horse to choose from.  Well, that wasn't good enough.  He informed me he needs a real horse, since he has real boots.

I can't wait to find out what his cowboy name is!  I'll keep you posted on that one!

1 comment:

Katie Kilcoyne said...

I love it! He is so sweet.