Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Good-bye Charleston


I have been trying to write this post for three days. UGH!

Okay, if you are from Texas, you have probably heard the song "You Ask Me What I Like About Texas." At least, I think that's the name. Anyway, it's a great song and makes me nostalgic for Texas. Now that we are gone from South Carolina, I wonder what song will make me think about our time there.

Regardless of what song brings back Carolina memories, I wanted to share with you some of the things we will miss about the lowcountry. I will have to do this in two posts, so stay tuned!!

You ask me what we'll miss about South Carolina? Let me count the things!

The kids in their Citadel shirts at a ballgame

The Food!! This will be a continuing theme of this post! Here is our favorite romantic spot: Fulton Five
The Plantations (another continuing theme!): here are the kids at Magnolia
Charles Towne Landing -- and with friends makes everything better!

The food! Poogan's Porch.
Oyster Roasts

Christmas Day at the beach!

Club Habana with some really cool chicks!

The Food! Hyman's

Angel Oak
Historic home tours. We toured at least 5 of them, not counting the plantation houses!

Charleston harbor...from any vantage point!

Angel Oak, again!

Our pretty little house on Evening Shade Drive

The huge tub in our bathroom

The South Carolina Aquarium

Our toes in the sand the day after Thanksgiving!

More to come....

1 comment:

Katie Kilcoyne said...

Oh man, I am sad after reading this. But totally STOKED that you will be closer to Texas and thankful that I have had so much time with you lately.