Thursday, December 10, 2009

Truckin' Along

Life continues to fly by for us here. I cannot believe our trip to Disney is only 8 days away. Jasen and the kids are SO excited. Well, Jasen is. I contend the kids are trying to be excited, but it's hard; they really have no idea what they are in for with Disney World! I, on the other hand, am so busy, I can't possibly be excited for something that is happening a week away. I got a lot of stuff going on between now and then!

My dad will have more surgery next Thursday. His doctors have decided that his jaw isn't aligning the way they want it to. They did talk about wiring his jaw shut, but have thought better of it now. They will be keeping his jaws in line with rubber bands. Also, they consider this surgery "minor." In Dr. Etheridge's words, "No need to call in the cavalry." He already knows how the Thomases work! I won't be coming to TX for this surgery. It's hard for me not to be there, but I know Dad is in good hands with the doctor and my sister and bro-in-law, Katie and Clancey.

Grace is doing well. I continue to be amazed at some of the things she's asked to do as a 2nd grader. She's had two projects already and another she's working on now. Guess what our girl said was her favorite holiday? Veteran's Day! What a sweetie! Anyway, I know the US is far behind in education standards, but I honestly wonder if the stuff she is being asked to do right now will really help her compete with a Chinese math brain one day....just a thought.

Davis is, well, Davis. The boy acts like a monkey at least 50% of the time he is awake and I tire of hearing his monkey sounds. I try to remind myself that I will miss it one day, but honestly, I don't think I will miss the monkey sounds! He loves school and church, especially Awana. That makes this mama very happy!

Tonight is Jasen's last night of graduate school for the fall. I am so proud of him. He's really enjoying his studies and has been made more aware of how we parent our kids, especially Grace, in light of how the "millenial student" learns. That's what he's been studying this quarter. Very interesting!

No comments: