Saturday, February 14, 2009

Long Weekend

Jasen was able to wrangle a long weekend off from work. Yea!! Most active-duty soldiers have this for a long weekend, but The Citadel does not observe President's Day. I don't know what is up with this university; they don't observe much! Coming from the "real" Army, it's a shock to the system for your soldier not to have every federal holiday off, plus an extra day! Anyway, Jasen's boss gave the active duty guys Friday off, since they couldn't have Monday off. You see, they don't teach on Friday, so he let them not come in at all. Since Jasen doesn't teach on Mondays either (he teaches on Wednesdays and Thursdays), he asked for Monday off and got a four day weekend out of the deal. Yea!!

Yesterday morning, I met with a few of the ladies from my Sunday night small group. It was so nice to enjoy a large coffee from Barnes and Noble and just relax and chat. I love the ladies I am meeting at my church. I told them last Sunday night that I hoped they would join my Army girlfriends as my friends for life.

Jasen and Davis went and ran some errands while I was gone. Little did I know, until this morning, that I was going to receive a couple of Valentine's gifts. One of them was a gift certificate for a massage at my gym. Woohoo!! With all the working out I've been doing, my shoulders are killing me again. So I need that massage.

The other gift was a surprise to me. Jasen reserved a spot for me and a friend (of course it will be him!) in a cooking class at the wine/gourmet store I think is cool. Isn't that awesome??? I am excited about it and can't wait for us to be a part of the cooking class.

Later on today, we'll be going out for a date. We decided to do an afternoon date downtown. We're going to tour a couple of historical homes and grab a late lunch. Then we'll come home and spend some time with our other Valentines having a family movie night. That means, frozen pizza, a kid's movie and lots of cuddles in the living room.

Update on Grace and her "loves:" One of the boys from school wrote "I love you, Grace" on her Valentine. When Grace got home, instead of coming and showing us her Valentine's, she went straight to the computer room and erased it!! I asked her why and she said she didn't want it to upset us. I guess I need to quit asking her about it. Anyway, when she talked to Jasen about it, she told him that Jefferson loves her and that she really likes him, but she is not interested in loving him. Yikes!!!

1 comment:

Jen said...

We need to get back to our family movie night, that is the best! Sounds like Jasen did good for Valentine's! I love the cooking class, that is so you!