Friday, February 06, 2009

A Return!!

Okay, okay, I am back to blog a little!! I am stepping away from the Facebook!! It's addictive, I promise!! If you aren't on it, you should give it a try. It's lots of fun and you meet up with so many people you haven't talked to in forever. Or, like in the case of Jasen's cousin, Allyson and me, you find out there are less than six degrees of separation!

Here in Charleston, things are going pretty well. I think I am still winding down from the holidays. Yes, I know it's February, but it seems like there was so much going on. After my mom, sister and grandmother left, we hosted our friends, the Pundts, during their last few days in the US. They are now in Garmisch, Germany, with our other friends, the Kyles. I can't tell you how much we miss them all. I think it's made worse by the fact that I know I won't see them for a long time. We got spoiled having the Pundts in NC. At least we made the most of our time near each other!!

The kids are doing well. Grace just celebrated her 100th day of school. She had to make some sort of collection of 100 things. We used 100 stickers to make a poster board illustrating her favorite things and then she put Jasen, Davis, and me on there for good measure. We're getting ready to sign Grace up for Upward Soccer. I am very excited because she'll only have one practice a week, one game, and she'll be on a team of all girls!! Yea!

Davis becomes more boy everyday. He's getting a little less cautious and doing some crazy things. He's not couch jumping yet, but he's close. Anyway, he continues to love school and we just registered him for next year and he'll go three days a week. Let's hope both kids get great teachers again next year!

Jasen came home from work yesterday very happy. He booked a trip for us to Disney World!! Disney is running a special military rate until December 23rd, so we'll be going the week before Christmas. It's going to be great. Grace is very excited and Davis is just confused. He doesn't understand what Disney World is, but we know he'll love it!

The kids and I are battling colds right now. They've both been kind of hacky (is that a word??) for a couple of weeks now, but nothing major enough to go to the doctor. I started feeling cruddy day before yesterday. We are pounding OJ and decongestant!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Thanks for the update!;)