Yes, the kids and I are back in preparation mode for our big trip to Texas. We'll be down there for three weeks, going to Houston first by way of Lewisville, where we'll stay with my sister, Katie and her husband. We'll spend a few days in Kingwood with Amy, Jeff and their kids. Then we'll head to "the 'ville" where we'll be for about 8 or 9 days. Then a couple of nights in Breckenridge on our way to Lubbock. Our final stop will be Albuquerque, where we'll attend a family reunion, then return home. I'm not really looking forward to the trip as much as I usually do because I feel like we were just there and we haven't been home much this summer. Then I have to remind myself that, come school time, I'll be less inclined to take our girl out of school for a three week trip!
Grace is finishing up Summer Fun at Mrs. Peggy's this week. They've been doing some basic addition, subtraction, etc. and keeping track of their progress on their "Rainbow Connection" card, which has five colors representing five different disciplines they have mastered. Mrs. Peggy's idea was that once they had all the colors punched out, they'd get a prize and they'd probably get a couple of prizes during the course of the class. Well, Grace has gotten three prizes and told me today she expects to get her fourth on Thursday. That's our overachieving girl!
Davis is doing better. Fewer tantrums and I wish I knew what to attribute that to. But like all parents, I recognize that there is not always a reason for their behaving better or worse. He has been so happy to be sleeping in his own bed, to the point he sometimes doesn't want to get out of it when I go in to get him. I feel bad for him that he'll spend three weeks in a pack'n'play!
No comments:
Post a Comment