We trust you all had a good Thanksgiving! Ours went pretty well for everyone but me. I had strep throat. It was awful. I was in bed most of the day on Thursday. My mom got here that morning and she, Jasen, and Grace went to Jack and Julie's for dinner. Davis and I stayed here and slept. I felt awful. This is the second time I have been sick on Thanksgiving. The last time was when Mom came to visit in Germany. I wonder if she shouldn't stay home? ha! Anyway, I went to the doctor on Friday. He said he could swab me but what would be the point in that, as the test would take until Saturday to come back and then I wouldn't be able to get medicine. So he went ahead and gave me some antibiotics. I am feeling much better now.
Wasn't that A&M/t.u. game something? We whooped up on ole Colt McCoy and reminded everyone that t.u. in 2005 was all about Vince Young. The Roberts did come watch with us and we had chili. We had a great time.
That night, Jasen and I went to the movie and for a quick bite. We saw "Stranger than Fiction" and it was pretty good. Our dinner wasn't so great. We hadn't had a chance to talk deployment so that's what we did. Not a talk we enjoyed but one we needed to have. We'd been dancing around the elephant and that is no fun.
Oh, a funny Grace saying. We were out of her 2% milk that comes in a blue container. She told Mom that she couldn't drink our milk (skim, purple container) because she had to have "blue percent milk." ha! Davis has been giving kisses, too. They are open mouth and he clicks his tongue instead of smacking, but it's precious anyway. Especially when he leans in for it.
Saturday, Mom, Grace and I went shopping for a St. Barb's dress and ended up not getting one. I had tried on one of my old but new long holiday skirts (I bought it on sale a couple of years ago and have yet to wear it) with my black velvet top Friday night and really liked the way I looked. Jasen and Mom agreed. I decided that unless I found something that really, really knocked me out, I would just wear what I already had. Suffice to say, I didn't find anything that special. So I'll be wearing old stuff. I did get a new pair of shoes and some jewelry. It's always nice not to spend too much money!
This week is going to be busy. Our friends, Art and Christine Weeks are in Leavenworth for the week. I am going to Topeka tomorrow night to meet Christine for dinner. I am so excited!!! I have missed her so much. Then on Saturday, they'll head this direction to see all of us. Yippee!!
No comments:
Post a Comment