The past few days have been eventful, to say the least. It's a long story, but I have been helping with Jackson for Jack and Julie. Julie, who is 32 weeks pregnant, had to be taken to the hospital in Topeka. She's been there since Monday night. I had Jackson yesterday morning and today. Julie's mom is coming up today to help with Jackson and possibly take him back to Texas. Julie isn't happy about that option but the fact is, if and when she's released from the hospital, she'll probably be on bedrest. She can't be running after Jackson.
Anyway, so I have been chasing around three kids. Yes, we are very done with having kids! I made a joke last week with Jasen that when he returned from downrange, I'd re-evaluate whether I wanted anymore kids or not. He laughed that "I" would decide! Well, no need to wait! I'm done!
Last night, I met Christine Weeks in Topeka for dinner. It was great. We had so much to talk about. The two hours we were together weren't enough. I guess that means it's a really good thing that she and Art will be coming here on Saturday to see us. Yippee!!! I think I said that already!
We have a really busy weekend coming up. Friday night is our field artillery ball. Saturday, the Weeks' will be here. That night, we have an event with the Special Troops battalion. Then Sunday, we have a wine and cheese party for the brigade. This year is so busy. We still have no tree up and I have no idea when we'll do that. Maybe next week?? At least we got the lights up outside.
Grace and Davis are doing well. They like having Jackson here. It's a little entertainment for them!
Yesterday, we had a high of 73, which is a record. Today, we'll barely get above freezing and the temperatures will begin to fall. We're under a freeze warning for tonight and the wind is howling. Who says Texas weather changes all the time?? Kansas is just as bad!
No comments:
Post a Comment