Saturday, March 06, 2010

Is it Really March?

I can't believe it is March already. I knew January and February would fly by, but I had no idea how quick. We've been busy, as usual, but it's hard to tell you what we've been doing.

One thing that's been going on is that Davis has been sick. Prior to last Friday, he had a cough for a week or so. Being the fabulous mother I am, I figured it was related to the stuffy nose he had and that once the cold went away, the cough would go away. Last Friday, while Grace and I were out running some errands, Jasen called and said Davis was in excruciating ear pain. The girls cut our time short and came home. Davis was indeed in a bad way. We got a referral to take him to an urgent care place, assuming he had developed an ear infection.

Imagine my surprise, when the doctor was listening to Davis' lungs, then informed me that he thought Davis had pneumonia. I was floored! Our four year old had to have a CBC and a chest x-ray. Four is too young for a chest x-ray! The good news was that Davis did not have pneumonia, just severe bronchitis and a slight ear infection. Poor baby. I felt awful for letting the cough go on so long.

Sadly, Davis' cough is still hanging on and now Grace is hacking, too. UGH!! My nose is also running which makes me think it must be time for an illness to run through all of us!

Grace had her PTA performance this week. The meeting portion was excruciating, of course. Jasen looked over at me and said they shouldn't schedule the performances with the meeting. Then I asked Jasen if he would ever go to a meeting if his child wasn't performing. He got the point.

Grace did an awesome job. She was sitting front and center and even had a couple of props she had to handle. When I asked her how she was picked to do those two jobs, she said it was because she was sitting in the middle and Mrs. Bullock (her teacher) knows she's pretty responsible. Spoken like the 7 going on 13 girl that Grace is!

We have some exciting events coming up and you'll be hearing more about them later:
  • Next weekend, my oldest friend from the 'ville, Emily, is coming in to see Charleston. Actually, she said she wanted to eat her way through Charleston. No wonder we've been friends for so long!
  • Two weekends after that is the Cooper River Bridge Run. It's a 10K run from Mt. Pleasant, across the Cooper River on the Ravenel Bridge, a gorgeous suspension bridge, into the heart of the Charleston peninsula. Jasen is already signed up and I will be soon. We hope to have a special guest to come watch the kids for us. More on that to follow.
  • I got tickets for Grace's first concert. She and I will be going to see Casting Crowns in April. She is so excited and has been rocking out to them on her CD player. Is there anything better than your child already understanding some pretty profound Christian lyrics?
  • Also in April, Jasen and I will be going to see Dave Ramsey live here in Charleston. By that time, we will be debt-free and Jasen is hoping they ask for volunteers to scream that they are.

No comments: