Thursday, September 10, 2009

Davis' First Day






So, our boy started 3 year old preschool yesterday. After the ruckus he's been throwing about going to school, you'd think he'd be all excited and bouncy, right? Well, that's not our boy's personality. He was Mr. Calm, Cool and Collected. I don't know where he gets that. Maybe from Jasen, because I don't think I was ever like that.

I tried not to be annoyed because he wasn't excited. We got to his class and his teacher, Mrs. Clendaniel, had set out Play-Do for everyone to play with. YEA, right? Not for Davis. He told me calmly he didn't want to play Play-Do. I informed him he had to do what Mrs. Clendaniel wanted him to do, so he flopped himself down in his chair (yes, I did say "flopped") and started to play. You can imagine my dismay to see that his idea of playing was the Play-Do was to put it back in the jar. UGH!! What is up with that? I decided I needed to leave then!

After school, he was glad to see me but more concerned because he hadn't gotten the blocks strung on the shoelace like he was working on. I helped him do a couple, he finished the rest, and we were off. He said he had a good time. Like all good mommies, I then treated him to a first-day meal at Mickey D's. He played for a bit, then we came home.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I love it! It's all about the chase with those boys, right! He sure did look handsome on his first day!

StephanieG said...

Well I'm glad that poor boy finally got to start school! haha