Friday, August 14, 2009

The Grahams Go To School

Can you imagine I am the only Graham not going to school this semester? Yep, even Jasen is getting into the swing of things. Last night, he had his first class toward a Masters in Education. He really likes his professor, who told her "kids" that before the next class, they needed to read the first seven chapters of their book. She encouraged them all to read an hour a day and not to stress about specifics. She said if they saw something that interested them or they had dealt with before, to mark if for class discussion. Jasen was very encouraged and excited.

The best part? Jasen said he feels like this is where God wants him and what God wants him to do after the Army. Quite exciting for all of us!

Today, we go to Grace's school to find out who her teacher will be and meet said teacher. We are very excited. I am certainly praying for another diamond like Mrs. Branch. We'll go by and see her today, too. Oh, and look at Grace's garden from last year.

Next Tuesday, Grace will begin her 2nd grade year. I can't believe it. Where did the time go?

Davis' school won't start until after Labor Day, but he's ready to go NOW. The boy loves going to school and I think it's because his sister goes. This year, he'll go for three days a week, which I am hoping to put to good use around this unorganized house.

Truly, I feel like I ought to be taking some kind of class! Oh wait, I still haven't used the cooking class gift certificate Jasen gave me. Guess I'll go to cooking school! :)

No comments: