Here are some pictures from our last day in S'ville, then some from our trip to Aggieland.
Davis is being all boy, putting his head under the water coming off of the gutter. He was dripping yet and loved it!

Picking blackberries with Grandad

Going down the rows to find more peas. FYI -- did you know here in the lowcountry they don't have what we would call black-eyed peas? They have pink-eyes and silver crowder peas, but no true black-eyes. The silver crowders are more like black-eyes, and the pink eyes to me are a cross between black-eyes and pintos. Kind of crazy! I asked a lady at our favorite farmer's market and she told me that all of those peas are considered crowders (even black-eyes), just different variations.

Let the pea pickin' begin!

Follow the man with the experience...

Gig 'Em Aggies! Whoop! Yes, we teach them young in the Thomas/Graham family!

That's a different Kyle Field than the one I grew up with! We're standing on the drill field over on the north side of campus, near the dorm I lived in, Albritton Tower, and the old Administration building.

We went inside the Corps of Cadets center and they had guide-ons (flags, for you non-regs!) from all the "units" in the Corps at A&M. D-1, Spider D, was the unit my dad was in.

Some friends of my uncle Stan's, bought a memorial brick in front of the Corps Center in honor of my grandad, Willard Thomas. The kids and I found it and took a picture of our toesies with it. I miss my grandad very much. Have I mentioned that before??

This picture was Grace's idea. She's pretty sentimental for a 7 year old

Here are Grace and Davis with Kyle McCall. Can you tell my camera is on the fritz and I am tired of trying to make Davis look at me and smile??

Me 'n' Amber. We had Grace stand on a chair to get a picture. Can you tell by my puffy eyes that I am operating on very little sleep??

Grace had a moment of reflection at the Bonfire Memorial. I've never been more proud or sad to be an Aggie as when I was at the memorial. The Ags did a great job on the memorial, but it pains me it was ever necessary. Anyone who has been there knows what a great memorial it is to the kids who died there.
3 comments:
I like that toesie pic with your Grandad's brick - it's a cool way to memorialize that you were standing there in a spot that honors him. ;)
I love the pic with all of your feet around your Granddad's brick... great idea! And, of course, the pea pickin' ones are great too! Miss you girl!
Love the pics with Grace and the brick, and of her at the memorial. She's so sweet!
Post a Comment