

It's been awhile since I last blogged. So much has happened. Let me tell you about the coolest thing:
LTC Greg Gadson and his wife, Kim, came back to Fort Riley, like he promised they would, to welcome home the soldiers of 2-32FA. They were here for the redeployment/change of command ceremony that happened last Thursday. The weekend before they got here, my friend, Amber, and I asked COL Gibbs' wife if there any "laid-back" plans for a get-together for the Gadsons. She replied that she was so busy she hadn't had time to put anything together. Amber and I offered to host something and Nolly gave us the green light.
Jasen called Greg and asked if we could do it. Greg said yes and we told him we would invite whoever he and Kim wanted here. It was mostly people who had all gotten to Fort Riley at the same time and started 2-32FA together. We had everyone over for pizza and snacks on Friday night. We had about 15 people here to start with, but as the night wore down, there were about 6 of us left, including Greg and Kim. We were able to have some serious conversations and some light hearted laughter. Kim and Greg seem to be doing well and are truly, truly heroes of this day. I hope to share more with all of you when I see you. But here are some pictures from the night.
No comments:
Post a Comment