Tuesday, January 22, 2008

It's Cold Out There!

Really, it's freezing out there. I thought last week was cold, but the coldest wind chill we had last week was 3 below. This morning, I woke up to find the temperature at 5 below and the wind chill at 15 below. A lady today at our PWOC meeting said she was going to Fort Richardson, Alaska. We all gasped and she said "Don't worry; yesterday it was warmer there than it was here in Kansas!" Can you imagine??

We're all doing well. Grace is doing really well with reading. We've started her "Early Reader's Bible" and she's reading most of it. It's great!!

Davis is doing okay. We've got some discipline issues with him. I am trying to be firm, but it's hard. I'm tired! But I know I've got to get tough on him. I will say this, though, when he gets put on the "naughty stair" he does stay there, instead of following me away.

We've got a new toy here at the Graham house. Like Grace's favorite book heroine, Junie B., would say "It's called TiVO!" Oh man, it's great. Now, I don't have to worry about our DVD recorder not recording whatever I've programmed it to record!

We're less than four months away from Jasen coming home; less than 100 days!! I can't believe it! We're beginning to discuss redeployment ceremonies, fixing up barracks for single soldiers, etc. It's so exciting!!

No comments: