Okay, Davis has decided to be a big boy and send his pacifier to the moon tonight attached to the Mickey Mouse balloon that he had on his birthday. I have already snipped the end off of his favorite one, the one he sleeps with, so that we can say it's broken and needs to be sent to the moon. I've also found all of our backups and put them in the trash so there is no turning back for me! I know this sounds simple, but we're talking about a kid that cries in the middle of the night, even now, if he doesn't have his paci or can't find it in his bed. So we're going to have some tough bed/nap times in the next few days...
Well, we were going to wait for Grace this afternoon, but we got home and Davis kept talking about it so I thought, well, if he's ready....
I attach the paci to the balloon. Davis goes to put it in his mouth and realizes it's "broken." He starts bawling, throws himself on the ground. I point out we are sending the paci to the moon with Mickey because it's broken. He doesn't stop crying until I ask him if he's ready to go outside to send paci off. He says yes. We get out there and the wind is blowing, so I think "Great, this balloon will take off and be GONE!" Davis has other ideas as to why we are outside and runs to the playhouse next door. Keep in mind, neither of us has coats on, it's 40 degrees and the wind is blowing like 30 mph. He refuses to hold the balloon, so I say I'll just release it after he supplies the countdown.
Countdown ends, I let go of the balloon, it blows straight across the GROUND and into the little tree next door. Yikes!! Not a part of the plan. I grab the paci, try to throw it up in the air. It stays airborne for about 5 seconds, long enough to barely go over the fence two houses down and disappear around the corner of the house (still on the ground, mind you!) and onto their porch. I just go with it and say "Paci's gone to the moon with Mickey!" and force Davis inside the house.
No comments:
Post a Comment