Last night, after Jasen got home, we ate dinner and put Davis down to bed, the rest of us decorated the tree. We had such a good time, Grace especially. Most of our ornaments are hung at 4 year old eye level, but that's okay. We helped her move some of them because they were all in a clump.
After we finished with the tree, the Christmas music was still playing. Grace treated Jasen and I to a dance recital. That girl is hilarious! She had such serious facial expressions while she danced. Some moves were of the "Kim Possible" variety; more martial arts than ballet. It was so funny to watch her. We all had a great time.
This morning, Grace had dress rehearsal for the children's musical at church. The actual play is tomorrow night. Jasen took both kids (!!) and I went to run some errands. When Jasen and Davis came back for a few minutes, Jasen had taken Davis to get his haircut!! It was such a nice surprise for me. Davis has needed a trim for quite some time now and I'd been asking Jasen to do it. He didn't want to and I understood why. Davis cried pretty hard this time, just like last time. But what a nice treat that I didn't have to do it! Anyway, Davis has an official high and tight. It's so short, but precious!
Jasen is now off of work until Jan. 5th, when he has to sign back in by midnight. I know he's glad for the time off. We're going to be able to spend a lot of time together, which we need. His work has been so stressful lately. Sadly, we also have to talk about the deployment. Once we return from Texas, we'll only have three weeks and it will be time for him to leave. So, although neither of us wants to, it's time to sit down and get our lives in order for this Iraq rotation.
No comments:
Post a Comment