Okay, so looking at the calendar, here's what's been happening in the Graham house:
- Grace got sick for the second time at school. I was sitting in the dentist's chair when it happened, so Jayme, our precious babysitter, had to go pick her up. Grace was pretty much okay after that one time of illness, then a couple of days later began having lower GI issues. Those lasted over 5 days. Not fun.
- Our FRG is currently working on Christmas boxes for our single soldiers. We had no money to work with, but recently made some, selling throws with our brigade and battalion crests on them. Now our soldiers can get more than a candy bar from the FRG. Yea! Oh, I'll be sending a Christmas tree to Iraq soon, so send Jasen or your adopted soldier an ornament to go on it!
- Davis got Grace's tummy ailment, except he just threw up continually for about four hours. Then he was done. Weird. But it was over quick.
- I had some dental work to replace some fillings that I had while I was in Germany. No disrespect to Dr. Dave from the Bamberg dental clinic, but he had severly deficient filling skills. It's a long story, but I am currently on a self-imposed liquid diet due to food getting caught between my teeth and the ensuing pain caused by it. It's awful. You know it's horrible pain when I would choose not to eat!! Hopefully, I'll get this all worked out when I go back to the dentist on Tuesday.
- I got Davis' tummy ailment. It was awful. I didn't venture far from the bathroom for more than 10 minutes at a time. I was nauseated and had Grace's version. Yuck. Oh and at the same time...
- Our friends, Ashleigh and Andrew Hoeprich, came to visit us from Fort Leonard Wood, MO. We had a nice visit with them, especially when you consider I was pretty sick for most of the visit. They are precious friends of ours that we really bonded with the last few months we were in Germany. They took Grace to her soccer game and even cooked dinner for us on Saturday, using the recipe and ingredients I had purchased to cook for them! It's great to have friends who are "foodies!"
- HALLOWEEN! It was a busy day, with Grace's party at school and trick-or-treating. I had the cutest kids, of course. They dressed up as Mickey and Minnie Mouse. We also had our friends, Amber, Sarah, Megan, Brianna, and Kyle over for the evening's fun. Grace and Megan stood on the porch and gave out the candy. Yea for me!
You can see we've been quite busy. I think it's safe to say we are all exhausted these days. And there is no rest for the weary. Next Thursday, we head to Texas for a quick, quick trip for my cousin, Melody's wedding. We'll leave here next Thursday and return the following Monday. We won't get to see as many of you as we'd like because we'll be busy with wedding things, as Grace is one of the flowergirls. It's going to be fast and furious.
Jasen is doing well, just busy, of course. But he'd be the first to say he'd rather be busy than bored. COL Gibbs made it official earlier this week when he decided that, despite Jasen's promotion to major sometime after the new year, Jasen will continue in this company command until after the deployment. I was disappointed, as it means continued additional responsibilities for Jasen and me, but we'll get through it.
One more thing, any of you guys think you might be willing to travel to Charleston, SC, if that's our next duty station. :) MTF! (more to follow)
No comments:
Post a Comment